Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Best Flight EVER!

On travel days John and I have a complete role reversal. He becomes the Type A and I'm the laid back one (for real). Saturday morning our plane was scheduled to leave at 10:30am. We were already packed, but just to make sure we didn't miss lift off John got up before 5. He always lets me sleep, but he's not quiet about it. Plus, it makes him really nervous when we have a plane to catch and I get up later than he thinks prudent--so needless to say, I was up really early too. No need to add stress to his Type A morning.

John with Delta Dude after bag fiasco
We made it to the airport in plenty of time. Like two hours to spare. Then. Disaster. We'd left one bag at home. While John and the cabbie sped back to our house, I checked in the rest of our bags with the Delta dude. John and the missing bag made it back to the airport, the Delta dude was waiting with the tag and all was well. Crisis averted. Proceed through security.





John's a big guy, so the last time we made a long flight we vowed (he made me) that we'd look into upgrading to business class in the future. Whoa. What a difference. The flight from JFK to Rome was especially spectacular. Generally speaking, I HATE flying. Not this time.








Note how happy John looks. He finally had complete control of everything. His video screen. His computer. His seat. His adjustable high-intensity lamp. Everything. Happy. Happy. Happy.









Well, actually me too. Our seats reclined--all the way down. We had vibrating/messaging controls. Frette linens. 5 star food. Bulgari toiletries. I watched "My Week With Marilyn" and part of some movie with Jude Law and Rooney Mara before I fell asleep all wrapped up in my personal duvet.











Even with the 7-hour time change we both arrived rested and ready for Sunday in Rome. I'm sold on business class. Awesome in every way.






Next stop: 52 Via Capo Le Case.





 Katerina


Everything Kathryn wrote about me is true!  Really, travel days are grueling.  But we did well.  I'm afraid that flying in business class from NYC to Rome has forever ruined coach flying for me.  This is a fiscal dilemma.

We made it to our home for the next few weeks.  Details tomorrow.   Ciao.

Giovanni





No comments:

Post a Comment