Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Little TLC, Please

It had to happen.

Look for the green cross.
The pharmacists are your friends.
Mr. C and I have traveled together for almost 12 years and I don't remember either of us ever getting sick.

Tuesday morning I woke up with a sore throat, pounding headache, coughing...by afternoon I had a full blown cold.

Not to worry. Two doors down from our apartment there's a Farmacia and unlike the U.S., the pharmacists can dispense lots of medicines without a doctor's prescription. I explained my "mal di gola e mal di testa" and walked out with 8 Panacef capsules. Panacef is the Italian brand name for an antibiotic called Cefaclor.

"Cefaclor is effective against susceptible bacteria that cause infections of the middle ear, tonsillitis, throat infections, laryngitis,bronchitis, and pneumonia. It also is used in treating urinary tract infections, and skin infections." [Medicinenet]

My name for it is "wonder drug". By the way, total cost? 7,66 euros--$10.35.

No comments:

Post a Comment